Peoples’ Solidarity Concerns Bangalore (of which SICHREM is a member of) are happy to inform you that many representatives of peoples’ movements from various struggles such as anti- SEZ, anti-mining, anti- water privatization, anti-Posco, Fish workers struggles, Adivasi, struggles are arriving in Bangalore for a political convention tomorrow afternoon. We felt that this would be a good occasion for the like-minded people of Bangalore to meet and discuss some of the grave issues around all of us. It is also important to think about how we react to many of these struggles around us.
We, at People’s Solidarity Concerns, therefore invite you to attend a Public Meeting to hear these leaders on the topic “Peoples’ Movements today – Tasks and Challenges ahead”. Please do come and let us discuss the possibilities and alternatives for the future.
Date: 27th April 2010
Venue: Bangalore University Senate Hall, (City Campus) Near K R Circle, Bangalore.
* Prashant Paikrey – Spokesperson of Posco Prathirodh Sangram Samithi (PPSS), he is a trade unionist and with the CPI in Orissa.
* Dayamani Barla – Adivasi Mulvasi Astitva Raksha Manch in Jharkhand is spearheading the anti-mining struggles and has successfully stopped ArcelorMital from mining. Adivasi journalist and voice of the peoples struggles.
* Magalene Peter – is a firebrand activist leading the fishworkers struggles in Kerala and heads the KSMTF.
* Chittaranjan Singh- Human Rights activist, a renowned human rights activist of PUCL. based in Uttar Pradesh, he has been active in the people’s movement against Coca Cola Company.
* Guman Singh- Convenor of Himalaya Niti Abhiyan in Himachal Pradesh a coordination of over 40 peoples struggles against dams, hydropower projects, displacement and ecological plunder by the State and corporations.
* Vidya Dinkar -Karavali Karnataka Janaabhivriddhi Vedike (KKJV), a forum of farmers, social activists, individuals and groups; is a firebrand activist in Mangalore mobilising against the MSEZ as well as the fascist Hindutva attacks.