At the upcoming TCS World 10k in Bangalore, SICHREM is running to enable the Good Samaritans of Bangalore, who are reporting against Human Rights violations.
SICHREM has been running a Helpline and Help Network in Bangalore for a few years.
- It helps detect violations of human rights in our city, such as domestic abuse of women, denial of education to students, and torture of victims.
- Atleast one case a day is actually solved with legal intervention and individual support.
- Most of these cases are reported through anonymous callers, who are certainly the Good Samaritans of Bangalore.
To keep this Helpline going strong, we’re raising funds to meet running costs:
- Phone calls – SICHREM returns all calls, and spends 30-60 min with each caller to establish the violation and to get the right address.
- Legal support – The helpline is manned by a senior advocate to take calls from Monday to Friday. Court expenses are also funded, since victims are not in a position to do this.
- Administration expenses such as documentation resource, travel and conveyance, etc.
Join us as a Runner.
- First register yourself online as a runner, by 26 April. Then contact us with your registration details so that we can officially tag you as a SICHREM runner.
- Make a donation of Rs. 500 and above via a cheque. Kindly draw your cheque in favour of MANASA Centre for Development and Social Action, which is the legal holder of SICHREM. For any other mode of donation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 18 May.
- We’ll be responsible for collecting your registration kit.
If you’re not running, you can sponsor our runners with a donation.
- Make a donation of Rs. 1000 and above via a cheque. Kindly draw your cheque in favour of MANASA Centre for Development and Social Action, which is the legal holder of SICHREM. For any other mode of donation, please email us at email@example.com.Deadline: 18 May.
Did you know? Other than the Human Rights Helpline, we also help run the 1098 Childline for the district of Kolar.